Benefits of Beauty Pageants

Correspondent

Benefits of Beauty Pageants

Postby irvz » Wed Apr 10, 2013 9:31 pm

BENEFITS OF BEAUTY PAGEANTS
BY IRVZ

I'm pretty sure everyone has joined different competitions whether it's an event at school, in your city, barangay or even in your family. It's true that competitions are showcasing your ability to everyone and of course! You can benefit from it too! Well, this is a pageant site so I'm going to share to you guys my thoughts about the benefits when joining beauty pageants.

1. RECOGNITION

We appreciate the small appreciation of the people around us who values all our hard works. Especially beauty queens who gives their all in a pageant to gain recognition. This also helps them get noticed by big industries and companies, especially famous modelling agencies and cosmetic companies. Also when one has great talents in the field of Arts and Music.

2. CONFIDENCE

It is very common for us to have stage frights. Facing ones fears and overcoming them is true confidence. It's alright to be frightened when we speak out in front of a large number of people, but if we continue to be on stage and perform, we'll have a lot of experience, only then will we embrace performing to people, release our true colors and of course have fun on stage. It can also help us on our jobs, inquiring for something and a lot more, you know what I mean.

3. COMMUNICATION SKILLS

Of course! How can you communicate with a person if you have poor communication skills, right? We are now in a world where good communication is needed in every corner, not to mention that all of us now are communicating with foreign people and so it is highly recommended in our society to have this skill. Especially today where this is greatly being diminished by technology and people can no longer have meaningful face to face conversation.

4. DEVELOPMENT

Everyone of us has our so-called "hidden talents" and these are discovered when we perform. The more we recognize and understand our strengths, values, likes, dislikes, beliefs and personality style, the greater fulfillment and satisfaction we'll experience from our life. And this can be discovered when working with people who understand in depth how to utilize pageantry to develop and trigger the excellence within us.

5. UNDERSTANDING OTHERS

In beauty pageants, girls will be battling against different girls with different personalities, background, and beliefs. Especially in International Pageants wherein girls meet a lot of other girls with different race and color. We get to have the knowledge in understanding them, their culture and realizing that we may be different but we can also be in harmony.

6. HANDLING STRESS, PRESSURE, AND DISAPPOINTMENT

These three don't have to be viewed as negative things, it helps us become more stronger. Being a beauty queen is not always about being beautiful, they also have way too much time on their hands but with that, it helps them manage and handle all the stress. Of course, when joining competitions, you can't always be a winner, some wins, some loses, that's life and we can be disappointed about that, but just like what I said; it is the key to help you become stronger and takes you to the next level. It all depends on how you look at it - motivator or the reason to give up. But remember, if you give up, then that's the time that you'll lose, because winners never give up.

I believe that one of the most genuine things that one can benefit in beauty pageants is knowledge and understanding people, most especially understanding yourself. It's like it brings out the things you never knew that you had it within you.

Hope you guys enjoyed my not so amazing article. hahaha! Also, credits to ThePageantExpert for giving me some ideas, I don't always take all the credit .'''.....
Last edited by irvz on Wed Apr 10, 2013 10:56 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Okrayista

Re: Benefits of Beauty Pageants

Postby Hestia1 » Wed Apr 10, 2013 9:55 pm

You should definitely join in the future, gurl!

KALORKETTE HENSON!

Correspondent

Postby irvz » Wed Apr 10, 2013 10:00 pm

Hestia1 wrote:You should definitely join in the future, gurl!

Ayaw ko na teh! My dreams were crushed when it was Mr. and Ms. UZ season sa school namin, I was suppose to represent our Technical High School Department pero ayaw ng principal kse daw sa height ko. Imagine they told me a year after that na ako ang reserved contestant for that pageant kse complete package daw ako. Just because of my height nawala un, and ung pinaka heart breaking part is that ako ang nag train at nag construct ng answer sa Q&A sa representative namin sa pageant ))--<

and ung shocking na part is that me and Ms. School of Allied Medicine.... we have the same height :DDD

Guardian
Hobbies and Interests: Research, book review, writing
Date of Birth: 30 Sep 1975
Favorite Beauty Queen: Megan Young

Postby Eddie » Wed Apr 10, 2013 10:29 pm

Wow, it's nice to see you writing pageant-related threads. Good job!

(O_O) (O_O) (O_O)

Correspondent

Postby irvz » Wed Apr 10, 2013 10:51 pm

Eddie wrote:Wow, it's nice to see you writing pageant-related threads. Good job!

(O_O) (O_O) (O_O)

Thank you, Kuya Eds! These were the topics that I made a long time ago when I was in miss...., ito man sana ung mga ipost ko dun pero mag bash kse sila, kaya parang nahiya nalang din ako mag post /\..

Guardian

Postby Eddie » Thu Apr 11, 2013 12:20 am

irvz wrote:
Eddie wrote:Wow, it's nice to see you writing pageant-related threads. Good job!

(O_O) (O_O) (O_O)

Thank you, Kuya Eds! These were the topics that I made a long time ago when I was in miss...., ito man sana ung mga ipost ko dun pero mag bash kse sila, kaya parang nahiya nalang din ako mag post /\..

So this was not posted on the other site? Why would they bash your post?

Correspondent

Postby irvz » Thu Apr 11, 2013 12:50 am

Eddie wrote:
irvz wrote:

(O_O) (O_O) (O_O)

Well, parang di ko lang feel mag post ng pageant related topic dun, I mean, marami na ba elites and professionals and parang ma O.P ako dun. Parang ganyan ba. Its like Im not so welcome to post those kinds of topics. Haha. Yun lng na feel ko. (or wala lang tlga ako guts mag post dun) x3

Okrayista

Postby Hestia1 » Thu Apr 11, 2013 1:14 am

irvz wrote:
Hestia1 wrote:You should definitely join in the future, gurl!

Ayaw ko na teh! My dreams were crushed when it was Mr. and Ms. UZ season sa school namin, I was suppose to represent our Technical High School Department pero ayaw ng principal kse daw sa height ko. Imagine they told me a year after that na ako ang reserved contestant for that pageant kse complete package daw ako. Just because of my height nawala un, and ung pinaka heart breaking part is that ako ang nag train at nag construct ng answer sa Q&A sa representative namin sa pageant ))--<

and ung shocking na part is that me and Ms. School of Allied Medicine.... we have the same height :DDD

Gurl, di na masyado particular sa height ngayon, basta may poise ka at beauty. Try mo sumali ulit next school year sa school nyo at mag-heels ka na lang ng 5 inches! Sayang ang byuti!

KALORKETTE HENSON!

Loyalist

Postby Beta » Thu Apr 11, 2013 1:51 am

I enjoyed reading this -

Your threads will have a nice home here...

Correspondent
Hobbies and Interests: swimming, swimming, swimming
Date of Birth: 09 Feb 2014

Postby Captain America » Wed Apr 17, 2013 2:57 pm

Just read this. Nice one, Irvz. Keep it up!

Alpha

Postby Kuya Larry » Wed Apr 17, 2013 7:16 pm

Correspondent

Postby irvz » Sat Apr 27, 2013 3:52 pm

Kuya Larry wrote:

p16

Alpha
Hobbies and Interests: Chess, Koreanovela, Anime
Date of Birth: 09 Feb 2014
Favorite Beauty Queen: Miriam Quimbao

Postby Brix » Sat Apr 27, 2013 3:54 pm

irvz wrote:
Kuya Larry wrote:

p16

Wow naman, may seal seal na si Irvz, hehehe .OO. .OO.

Correspondent

Postby irvz » Sat Apr 27, 2013 4:02 pm

Brix wrote:
irvz wrote:
Kuya Larry wrote:

p16

Wow naman, may seal seal na si Irvz, hehehe .OO. .OO.

na overwhelmed ako tuloy. hahah! Ayan tuloy, di ko na alam ano ilagay ko sa article ko ngaun .'''.....

Guardian

Postby Eddie » Sat Apr 27, 2013 9:45 pm

irvz wrote:
Eddie wrote:
irvz wrote:

(O_O) (O_O) (O_O)

Well, parang di ko lang feel mag post ng pageant related topic dun, I mean, marami na ba elites and professionals and parang ma O.P ako dun. Parang ganyan ba. Its like Im not so welcome to post those kinds of topics. Haha. Yun lng na feel ko. (or wala lang tlga ako guts mag post dun) x3

What is unique in SF is it is a place where angels don't fear to tread.

Return to General